MAHPERD established the Honor Award Program to recognize deserving members in the disciplines of health education, physical education, recreation, adapted physical education and dance and to a deserving Lay Person who also meets the criteria for the selection in one of these disciplines. MAHPERD members are encouraged to submit nominations for consideration for these awards.
Worthy of Praise
Worthy of Highest Praise for Distinguished Leadership
A nominee for Worthy of Praise, Distinguished Leadership, and Worthy of Highest Praise must:
* have a college degree or state/national certification in area of expertise
* have a minimum of five years of experience in a discipline
* Evidence professional commitment and serves as a positive role model through membership, leadership, involvement and service in the state, district and national organizations.
* assume responsibility for his/her own professional growth.
* be a current member of MAHPERD and has maintained membership for five years.
The Lay Person Award goes to an organization or individual who has supported MAHPERD or the mission of MAHPERD. The individual is not required to be a member of MAHPERD or one of the professions of the organization.