Title: Executive Director of the Maine Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
The Maine Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (MaineAHPERD) is a nonprofit organization seeking a part-time Executive Director. The Executive Director facilitates the work of the MaineAHPERD Board of Directors and works under their direction. Representing professionals and future professionals in related fields of health, physical education, recreation and dance from across Maine. The Mission of the organization is to improve the quality of life for all Mainers by supporting and promoting effective educational practices, quality curriculum, instruction, the Maine Learning Results, and assessment in the areas of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance and related fields. MaineAHPERD strives to build partnerships with entities passionate about health, physical education, recreation & dance; provides quality professional development; facilitates communication within the field; and provides leadership and advocacy for health, physical education, recreation and dance at the local, state and regional, and national levels.
- Oversee financial records maintained by the Treasurer
- Oversee all grant funding and annual reports for each grant
- Attend MaineAHPERD board meetings
- Maintain professional correspondence on behalf of MaineAHPERD
- Assume responsibility for conference planning in cooperation with the conference planning committee and the conference coordinator including, but not limited to:
- coordinating with site manager for set-up, room assignments, and special events before, during and after the conference;
- facilitating the creation of the annual budget;
- overseeing the AV equipment and set-up;
- Assist the exhibits coordinator as needed in securing exhibitors and sponsors
- Facilitate the creation of an annual budget
- Attend state and national meetings as the MaineAHPERD representative at the direction of the Executive Committee
- Coordinate with the American Heart Association and SHAPE America on joint projects
- Advocate for and promote the fields of health, physical education, recreation and dance
- Educational degree in one of the disciplines aligned with MaineAHPERD or extensive experience in one of the disciplines
- Experience with MaineAHPERD or other similar organizations
- Administrative and fiscal experience
- Proficient in technology (ie:office software, social media, electronic communications, etc.)
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- SHAPE America membership required
- Available to devote year-round flexible time to the position
- Available to travel and network with professionals in the field within and out-of-state
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage personnel
- This is a part-time position for a 12 month period.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: October 1, 2017
- The newly chosen Executive Director will be shadowing Kathy Wilbur for a transition period during October, November and December and assuming the position on January 2, 2018.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, JUNE 2, 2017
- Screening of applicants will begin June 5, 2017. Application materials received after that
date may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found.
- The Application Packet should be sent to:
MaineAHPERD President 2017
19 Buker Lane
Weld, ME 04285
- The following materials should be submitted to the above address:
- A letter of intent, describing qualifications in the context of the position
- Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three professional